Friday 21 October 2011

How thick am I



I had to help my boyfriend out at weekend with a charity event.  I asked for calculators to be provided because I no longer ever have to add up in any kind of way to get through this life so my maths skills are lost in the 1990s and I haven’t seen them since.  The thing was that I didn’t need the calculator until a huge queue had formed and my tiny brain went to meltdown.  2 x 50p and 2 x 65p add together er £2.30 right.  I couldn’t do it.   Then I couldn’t seem to do it on the calculator for some reason I eventually plucked out a random close by figure and the customer paid and went away.  I felt so stupid having to use a calculator in front of all these people that I actually lost the ability to use the dam thing.  There goes my chance of ever going on X Factor!  

I’m a total wreck.  I haven’t had to serve people for 15 years.  I probably wasn’t all that good at it then come to think about it.  I once dropped a knife from the top floor of the restaurant I worked in luckily no one was dining at the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment