Sunday 17 February 2013

Thai red curry with duck and pineapple

Thai red curry with duck

















  

Serves 2

Ingredients
½  duck (cooked)
400ml coconut milk
2 tbsp red curry paste
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp of palm sugar
2 aubergines
¼ -½ pineapple
6 cherry tomatoes


After an amazing experience with this dish in Phi Phi, Thailand I had been promising to cook this ever since we got back. 

Red Thai curry in Phi Phi Thailand


 Here is the link I used.


I took some pictures but they don’t look as appetising. 

Ingredients for Red Thai curry with duck and pineapple

Red Thai duck curry cooking

Thai red curry with duck and pineapple



Unfortunately I realised I wasn’t particularly keen on pineapple in curry and I didn’t like aubergines at all. 

Next time I will try tinned pineapple as it was an effort dealing with all that pineapple and then finding other recipes to use it up.  I’ll swap the aubergine for something else.
    

Looks like most recipes include pineapple and (eggplant) aubergine.  This one looks really nice for an alternative. 

http://www.tastespotting.com/features/thai-spicy-curry-crispy-duck-recipe-fsedthee-thai-eatery

I didn't really want to put this recipe on the blog but the one I will post next is my own and it uses the left over duck.  It is quite a strange one duck skin with chilli jam.  

However my experimental taster really liked both so maybe give it a go.  

I think this would work better for me next time with mango or pear and instead of eggplant which honestly just tastes naff, maybe celery or carrot.  


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment