Friday 7 September 2012

Mince with spicy cream



Mince with cream, chilli, mushroom, tomatoes, peppers and rice




Apologies for my lack of blogging recently, I haven't lost the love but have been trying to concentrate on finishing by book and if I'm really honest finishing several bottles of wine.

I just showed the new blog layout to my mother and she said but you're not a foul mouthed princess, I said, yeah I know I'm not a princess.  

Anyway get some cream and spice it up with one of my bitching personal versions of spicy Thai mince.  

Keep a look out for a future post of Jamie's Thai mince version 2.  

This one is juicy and saucy, version 2 is  much hotter and dryer, I like to think its like Lab Moo which I had in Koh Samet served by a very angry, stressed Canadian guy who owned the restaurant and was clearly struggling to cope.  His wife was Thai so I imagine she cooked it and it was bloody gorgeous despite waiting about an hour for it.  

May as well tell you the story now................ It was our last night on Koh Samet, I had noticed earlier in the week it was a non smoking restaurant, as it was an indoor establishment; on this night though they had one table outside where I could fully embrace my L&MS that cost me about £1.40 a pack (fills me with joy).  

We were warned of the wait but I wasn't bothered, more time for wine and fags I thought.  When he took our order he asked if I'd like any rice with it, being indecisive when it comes to food I paused a little and he bit my head off and said 'It's not hard, I'm busy here' he possibly even clicked his fingers or maybe I imagined that bit; I said yes, I'll have rice.  When dinner finally came there was no rice *Fucknuts* We asked for another beer and he did bring it over, I mean I did get the impression we were in a restaurant not a self service piss hole or a prison, it wasn't a cheap menu; he goes 'Next time fridge is over there, get it yourself'.  

Seriously dude go and learn some fucking customer service skills if you're going to run a restaurant.  Jesus Christ, we both know how stressful it can be running your own business but everybody knows you NEVER EVER take it out on YOUR customers.  He really needed some valium or magic mushrooms or dope or something.  

He did come over when it had calmed down to talk to us but I still haven't really forgiven him for that attitude.  

Right enough of my Thailand tales, depressing myself sat here, get this saved in your fav's.  


Ingredients
1lb mince
Olive oil
1 white onion 
1 ½ peppers
5-6 mushrooms
Spoonful of ginger
Sprinkle of coriander
1 garlic clove
200ml double cream
½ tin chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp massaman curry paste
2 hot chillis    
Cup of rice

Mince with cream, chilli, mushroom, tomatoes, peppers and rice




















I made this one up myself because I’m a tight wad and wanted to use the cream that was left in the fridge.

I got some mince and just used a load of ingredients I already had in the house.

Chop all your ingredients.

Brown off the mince with a bit of olive oil for a few minutes then drain the fat.

Put the mince back in the frying pan and add the massaman paste. 

Stir in the onions for a minute then add the mushrooms and peppers.

Add the double cream and the tomatoes.

Add the garlic and the ginger.


Mince with cream, chilli, mushroom, tomatoes, peppers and rice




















Turn on the rice to boil.

At this stage I tasted the mince to see how hot it was but it wasn’t hot enough for me so I gradually added the chillis until it was.


Mince with cream, chilli, mushroom, tomatoes, peppers and rice



Enjoy

                    

2 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! Interesting read too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Bob, my first comment. Don't think I had the settings right before...

      Delete