Saturday 2 March 2013

Chilli tuna with noodles


Chilli tuna noodles



Serves 2-3  

Ingredients
Two tins of tuna
3 birdseye chillies
1.5 limes, plus zest
Tray of cherry tomatoes
½ red onion
2 nests of egg noodles
Coriander
Salt and pepper

My recipe

I always remember a very healthy, very hot tuna noodle dish I made years ago.

I have used the chilli tuna method in a few other dishes, like the salads.

Tuna is really slimming, add chillies and lime and it becomes a fiery tasty treat. 

For extra umph I added red onion and cherry tomatoes.  It is very tasty indeed, I didn’t want to stop eating, in fact I think I had two plates that day and got called a greedy cow. 

This recipe can be done within around 15 minutes. 


*****************************************************************************************************

Ingredients Chilli tuna noodles



Get the tuna mixed with the chillies and lime zest and then juice.  I grate the lime with the cheese grater.  You might want to add bit by bit tasting as you go along as this measure is to my taste and it’s quite hot. 

Chop your cherry tomatoes and onion.


Chilli tuna noodles



The noodles only take 4- 6 mins so cook them when you’re ready.

Add your onion, tomatoes and salt and pepper to the tuna. 

Drain your noodles and then mix in the tuna.

Serve with a sprinkle of coriander.



Enjoy      

No comments:

Post a Comment