Wednesday 6 June 2012

Chicken and green bean vermicelli noodles


Chicken and green bean vermicelli noodles


150g dried vermicelli noodles
Olive oil
2 large chicken breasts
1 large onion chopped in chunks
2 carrots peeled and cut into match sticks
3-4 celery sticks
170g green beans cut in half
Tinned pineapple rings chopped
3cm ginger cut into match sticks
2 garlic cloves (pestle and mortar)
2 tbsp water 
60ml dark soy sauce
60ml sweet chilli sauce


Here is the original recipe.

I’ve opted to leave out a few things. 

Tesco online didn’t find any capsicum.

I’m not keen on baby corn and for no particular reason I left out the buk choy. 

I had a tin of pineapple rings in the cupboard I thought would go well.

The original recipe does not direct this but most recipes tell you to soak the noodles in warm water for an hour. 

I keep my ginger in the freezer after I have peeled it so on this occasion I pulled out the ginger to soften.  If it’s just chopped ginger I would just grate the frozen ginger in.

Cook the chicken in a large wok with olive oil and set to one side.

Fry off the onions, garlic, beans, celery, carrots and ginger for 2 minutes, then add 2 tbsp of water.  I then added some of the juice from the pineapple tin which seemed to help cook the veg. 

Reduce for maybe 5 mins, keep stirring.

Drain the noodles and add to the wok, followed by the chicken, soy sauce and chilli sauce.

Just toss and stir until the remaining ingredients are warm and then serve.
 
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment