Sunday 7 April 2013

Bacon and leek potato bake


bacon and leek potato bake


















1/2 bag potatoes
4 leeks
2 cubes veg stock
2 garlic cloves
Pack of bacon
Double or single cream
Butter


This is one off the internet and I haven’t put my own pics in either as I seem to be missing my friggin phone wire.  I have picked a nice picture that resembles the one I make. 

It’s fairly cheap and healthy from what I remember, it was listed as a low calorie dish.  However it says to use 2 spoonfuls of cream and I do more like 10,  2 or 3 rashers and I do 7 or 8.  I never calorie count really, just eat it.

Saying that, I am not eating potatoes, pasta, rice or bread this week as I am starting to get old.  My parents did warn me I couldn’t eat like this forever.  *shock horror*  


*********************************************************************************

You may want to check the contents fit in the oven dish before boiling up.

Peel the spuds and cut into slices.

Chop the leek.

Put in a massive pan and fill with water, add the garlic and stock.  Partially boil for maybe 10 minutes.

Using a jug to siphon the water, save around 200ml of the stock and then drain.

Chop your bacon into little pieces.

Grease a large oven dish with butter.

Add the potato/leek gradually to a large oven dish.   Add the bacon bits and then another layer of potato, leek, so on and so on. 

Pour on the stock and cream, cover with tinfoil and put in the oven at 180 for 30 minutes.

Take the tinfoil off for the last ten minutes, so 40 in total.

Yum yum
   

Enjoy 

No comments:

Post a Comment