Tuesday 22 May 2012

About my blog


I’ve decided to sell my soul for free.

Well not exactly; I am selfishly hoping to improve my writing skills and have some laughs along the way.

Let me quickly tell you (before you open the door to my innards), a little about the blog and about the blogitta Foul Mouthed Princess.

I’ve always wanted to be a writer but up until now haven’t done a damn thing about it.  It couldn’t be a better time for me and other budding creatives to let loose with all the social networking sites and the age of digital publishing. 

I created this blog about a year ago with the silly notion I could keep it private, therefore forcing my undesired views, tantrums and utmost personal emotions on here thinking the world would cotton on ‘psychically’ and accidently stumble across it when typing something in google.  I can be a bit dense as you will no doubt discover.  Foul Mouthed I am but the Princess bit is just bollocks. 

Apart from the odd diary, which really should have been burned (not found under a chair aged 14), I have started a novel but its sitting pretty at 70,000 words waiting for my return.  I have started a travel guidebook for backpacking in Thailand but you won’t get to see that because I’m selling it on Amazon (when it’s finished).            

I’ve written a few songs and spent many a day in ‘me bubble’ thinking I’d be the next Gary Barlow but not a fucking hope in hell.  I may as well just post them on the net and hope someone nicks them.

If any of you ever hear them, be sure to let me know so I can sue the bollocks off someone.

My initial thoughts were to do a ‘Sex in the City’ / Carrie Bradshaw type blog (with a northern twist obviously) but, to be honest, I am still finding my writing style.

What I am aiming for is a mix of travel adventures, recipes, moans, opinions, songs and bullshit, cos everyone needs a little BS in their lives. 

Tip - If you don’t like swearing don’t read it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment