Monday 30 April 2012

Questionable Jalfrezi


Mummy bought me two amazing cook books for my birthday, one was for soup and one was for curry.  The kind of delightful recipes that excite me as they have beautiful pictures which if I am honest is how I choose things.  The ingredients are fairly standard which I always ponder over as if they are hard to locate I’ll probably never bother.  With the curries I had a scan through and there were a lot of common ingredients so I ordered a few bits.  Most other things are stuff I would already have like onion, garlic, ginger and chilli’s.

The book does look fantastic and I am looking forward to trying out some of the meat dishes.

My first recipe nice and easy Chicken Jalfrezi.  I had the in laws round and I was going to go for my Thai green curry cause I’ve got that nailed and having had some in Thailand I’d say it’s pretty fuckin good Thai curry, I’d go as far as to say it tasted the same, as does my Tom Yum soup.
  
My Jalfrezi however was not so special.  I’m not sure what it resembled but Indian curry it did not.  It was a tasty dish and no one complained but to me it was bland and lacked oommph.  I did add extra chilli’s and chilli powder and even resorted to ghost pepper sauce.
 
It was also chicken thighs which I wasn’t sure about as most common curries are normally chicken breast.  Some dishes are much better with thighs but I didn’t think this one was one of them.

I didn’t think to get a picture and I didn’t really make my usual effort in presentation.  Normally when I do a Thai curry I put the rice in a bowl so it comes out in a lovely formed lump and put the curry in a side bowl. 

So it wasn’t a disaster but I won’t be cooking the Jalfrezi again from my new curry book.   
         

No comments:

Post a Comment